Tuesday, March 21, 2006

After 7 hours of sewing

I've got nothing to show for. Wait, that's not true. I've got an example of what can happen if you turn a circle skirt pattern into a half-circle skirt pattern. I'm not sure why it didn't occur to me earlier that this wouldn't work. A circle skirt's design leaves you with four areas that drape on the bias, and four on the straight grain.
Since that seemed too full of a skirt for my taste, I had the smart idea of just cutting my pattern in half, to hit the perfect middle between an A-line and a circle skirt. But what I ended up with was an odd looking skirt that was full and drapey on either side of my hips, or if turned, at the front and back. I can't even mention the failed lapped zipper. There is enough fabric in the half-circle skirt to turn it into something else, but my body needs a break. Hopefully there will be a skirt next weekend.