Sunday, March 19, 2006

My first skirt is finished!


My first Skirt
Originally uploaded by Southern Knitter.
Well its been finished for a few days now, I just now was able to get a decent picture of it. This sew along has been so much fun, I've enjoyed seeing what everyone else has been making. I can't wait to find out what we will be sewing next.
Specs:
Pattern: McCall's 3341
Fabric: Michael Miller (you can check it out on http://www.reprodepotfabrics.com/)
Mods: none
I have decided to make this skirt again, only this time i'm going to make it shorter. This one just feels long, and my bf thinks its waaaay too long. I'm sure he'd rather it be a mini skirt.
Next skirt, or really anything, that I make I want to try out my blind hem foot. This skirt I hand hemmed it.
Check out my blog www.southernknitter.typepad.com to see the cool vintage sewing and knitting patterns I got yesterday from a thrift shop. Thanks again ladies for hosting such a fun sew along.