Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Will you forgive me....

For finishing even before the start date? I just couldn't resist...

I was planning on using a pattern for this one, since I've always just made my bags up as I went, but I couldn't find anything like I wanted. And I had a specific idea in mind. It needed to be big enough to carry all my stuff to work on the bus, but look professional and nice and go with most of my coats/outfits. I got this great fabric from Wal-Mart, of all places, for $2 a yard and I knew it would be perfect, especially with my jean jacket! So I drew up some ideas and just decided to go for it. The size is perfect (14"x10"x3") and I put a zipper on it (the first on any bag I've done). It's got a little pleat at the top, which brings it in a bit. I'm really really happy with the results and I've gotten lots of compliments on it so far too! I actually used an old belt for the handles and they are the pefect length, long enough to go over my shoulder, but it looks good as a "handbag" too. I started it on Friday night, finished it that night except for the handles, which I put on Sat. morning and wore out that day!

Anyway, thanks for getting me inspired on this, I think it would have taken me a while to do it, if I wasn't so excited about the next project here to begin with!